The fine lines that are visible on the faces of both men and women are one the obvious signs of aging. Therefore, as one grows older, the appearance of wrinkles becomes more apparent. Wrinkles are one of the enemies of ageing women and all over the market are a lot of medicines and treatments that are said to help these wrinkles to disappear. But before we target to remove these wrinkles, it is best to know how these are formed so that looking for solutions would be easier.
How are wrinkles formed?
As mentioned above, wrinkles usually appear when one ages. As one grows older, the rate of the skin cells to divide is slowing. With this slow growth, the layer of the skin, which is the dermis, also begins to thin out and weaken. This weakening then results to reduce tightness of the skin thus the connection between the cells becomes less and eventually causing these lines or wrinkles to appear.
However, aside from ageing, there are a lot of other factors that causes weakening of the skin. If one wishes to avoid wrinkles at a young age, he/she must also avoid these factors too.
What are the causes of wrinkles and how to avoid them?
Aside from ageing, the following factors can also cause wrinkle formation:
- Sun Damage – over exposure to sun can cause weakening of the skin and eventually producing wrinkles. When one wishes to go out under the sun, it is best to wear a sunscreen, wear a big hat or carry an umbrella. Take note that the sun’s heat is most damaging between ten in the morning up to four o’clock in the afternoon. It is best to avoid the sun during these hours.
- Smoking – cigarettes have chemical compounds that can cause weakening of the skin by reducing the formation of collagen, therefore most chronic smokers have wrinkled skin compared to those who don’t. If you notice wrinkles are beginning to appear, avoid smoking immediately if you are a smoker.
- Lack of Sleep – when a person does not get enough sleep, his/her body would produce the hormone cortisol in excess. This hormone causes the degradation of skin cells which can lead to wrinkle formation. It is best advice to always get enough sleep.
- Malnutrition – unhealthier food causes wrinkle formation therefore it is best to eat foods that are rich in proteins and vitamin A. Foods such as fish, fruits and vegetables have higher protein and vitamin content that will help in strengthening the skin cells of a person.
- Coffee – the caffeine in coffee can also contribute to skin wrinkling. A study has shown that if one takes in cocoa instead of coffee, there is a reduced tendency for one to develop wrinkles. Also, cocoa can help increase skin hydration and improved circulation to skin cells thus making one’s skin smoother and younger.
- Lack moisturizing – skin cells are that not well hydrated are easily damaged. Always apply a generous amount of moisturizer before sleeping. This will hydrate the skin cells making it stronger and not easily damaged.
These are the factors that can cause wrinkling of the skin. It is best to avoid these factors through a change in lifestyle in the lives of ageing men and women.Tags: cause wrinkling of the skin, causes of wrinkles, what causes wrinkles, wrinkles, Wrinkles on the Skin