Having eye bags are one of the frustrations of many teens and adolescents. This is usually caused by lack of sleep, prolonged time of lying down (that’s why when one sleeps for a long time, eye bags still develop), chronic alcohol drinking, smoking, emotional stress and many more! Likewise, a lot of methods and techniques have been devised by each and every one just to get rid of this. But the sad truth is that as one ages, there is a greater chance for these dark circles to appear. Therefore, for the older age group, one must be more cautious of the factors that causes eye bags in order to reduce the appearance these dark circles.
How to avoid these dark circles?
The very first step in avoiding these dark circles is to identify the problem is. Once you have identified the problem, you can easily target its removal. Below are the common fixes for these dark circles.
- Avoid salty food – the principle of our body fluids is that, “wherever salt (sodium) goes, water follows”. This holds true especially for a person who eats too much salty foods such as junk foods. These kinds of food have a lot salt in them and this excess salt would be then deposited in some parts of the body, and under the eyes is just one of the examples. Thus, water can easily goes to this area thus causing puffiness and darkening of the eyes.
- Avoid the Sun – as the skin is exposed to sunlight, it produces the pigment melanin, the pigment that causes our skin to darken, in order to protect the body from the harmful effects of UV light. So if you wish to go out on a sunny day, always wear sunscreen or shades to protect your skin, especially the one under the eyes, from darkening.
- No to Alcohol Drinking and Smoking – as a person takes in more alcohol and tobacco, this causes a weakening of the skin due to the decreasing production of collagen, the chemical that strengthens the skin. It is indeed best to reduce or stop these vices if one wishes to reduce the dark circles under his/her eyes.
- Retinoic Acid – this vitamin A supplement is the vitamin that targets the integrity of the skin. Ask your physician for a prescription of this vitamin if you wish to strengthen your skin and reduce the dark circles under your eyes.
- Calm puffy eyes – the more water that is deposited under the skin under the eyes, the more it becomes darker. Puffy eyes usually happen when one cries for a long time. If one experiences this, it is best to reduce the water content under the eyes and there are a lot of ways to do this such as placing cold spoons on the puffy area, add cucumber slices, chilled tea bags or anything cold object that can be placed under your eyes.
These are some of the most effective and easily accessible methods one can do to prevent or reduce the dark circles under the eyes.Tags: avoid dark circles, Dark Circles Under the Eyes, How to avoid these dark circles, prevent dark circles, reduce dark circles, treat dark circles